How do I print from a library, lab or common area-provided computer?
To print from a public workstation at participating libraries, labs and common areas, follow these simple instructions:
- Click the print button in the application you are using (e.g. Word, Internet Explorer, etc.) and a pop-up window will ask you to select a printer queue (location) to which you want to print.
- You will not be charged if you elect to cancel the print operation at this point.
- If you elect to continue the print operation, you will be prompted for your VUnetID and password. It will then display the number of pages, cost of the job, and your Commodore Cash balance. You may choose to proceed or cancel the job at this time.
- If you have sufficient Commodore Cash, the cost will be automatically deducted from your account. If your school provides a printing plan, the number of copies will be deducted from your plan. When you’ve exceeded the print allocation of your plan, VUprint will look in your Commodore Cash account and, if sufficient funds are available, the cost will be automatically deducted from your account.
- Pick up your print job at the selected printer.
The system will prompt you every time a print request is sent to ensure that no charges are posted against your account without your explicit authorization. This multi-step process makes accidental printing virtually impossible. You will always see how many pages are in each job and how much each job will cost.